Areas of Specialization:
- International Relations
- Comparative Politics
- Impact of Non-Governmental Organizations on Democracy in Africa
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1982.
- Forthcoming. Women’s Realities, Women’s Choices, 4th Ed. NY: Oxford U. Press. (2013)
- “Politics of Southern Africa.” In Oxford Bibliographies in Political Science. Ed. Rick Valelly. NY: Oxford U Press. (2013)
- “What Political Science Is Missing by Not Studying AIDS” (with Kenneth S. Sherrill and Robert W. Bailey), PS: Political Science and Politics 25 (4) (December 1992): 688-93.
- “The Impact of the Reforms on the Urban Population of Senegal: How the Dakarois View the Crisis,” in Chris Delgado and Sidi Jammeh, eds., The Political Economy of Structural Adjustment in Senegal (New York: Praeger, 1991).
- Drought and Aid in the Sahel: A Decade of Development Cooperation (Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1986).