Prof. Erickson is co-editor-in-chief of Comparative Politics and serves on the Executive Board of the New England Council on Latin American Studies. Among his publications are: with D.A. Rustow. “Global Research Perspectives: Paradigms, Concepts and Data in a Changing World.” Comparative Political Dynamics: Global Research Perspectives. Harper Collins, 1991; “Brazil: Corporatism, Democratization, and Dependency.” Latin American Politics and Development . Eds. H. J. Wiarda and H. Kline. 1985.
Kenneth Erickson and Dankwart A. Rustow, eds., Comparative Political Dynamics: Global Research Perspectives (New York: HarperCollins, 1991).
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Dankwart A. Rustow and Kenneth Paul Erickson
- New perspectives on the comparative method / David Collier
- Concepts and models in comparative politics : political development reconsidered, and its alternatives / Howard J. Wiarda
- The civilizational dimensions of politics : some indications for comparative analysis / S.N. Eisenstadt
- The search for a class theory of the state and democracy : capitalist and socialist perspectives / Ronald H. Chilcote
- Beyond dependency : development and democracy in the era of international capitalism / David G. Becker
- The state in contemporary Africa : a critical assessment of theory and practice / Edmond J. Keller
- Dilemmas of democratization in Latin America / Terry Lynn Karl
- Transitions to democracy reconsidered : a historical perspective / Metin Heper
- Authoritarianism and democracy in Africa / Henry Bienen and Jeffrey Herbst
- The origins, processes, and outcomes of great political reform : a framework of analysis / Michel Oksenberg and Bruce Dickson
- The modernization of socialism : Glasnost versus Perestroika? / Klaus von Beyme
- The revolt of Islam and its roots / Nikki R. Keddie
- How consequential are revolutions? : the Latin American experience / Susan Eckstein
- Explaining democratic welfare states : supply, demand, and context / Douglas E. Ashford
- The policy community approach to industrial policy / Jack Hayward
- Japan and Sweden : polarities of “responsible capitalism” / T.J. Pmpel
- Global research perspectives : paradigms, concepts, and data in a changing world / kenneth Paul Erickson and Dankwart A. Rustow.